View All Open Positions
Full Time Position
Smart entrepreneurs know that hiring for attitude is more important than hiring for skill set. At Niche, company culture is very important to us, so in our search for an Operations Manager we are looking for the right fit for our tight-knit group and a super positive attitude above all else. We are not your typical office; manufacturing modern hand-blown glass lighting for our internationally acclaimed brand in-house in Beacon NY, one of the hottest, artistically rooted towns along the Hudson River Valley and just 90 min north of Manhattan. Our administrative offices are in the same 100-year-old factory building as our glass studio and we work closely, throughout the company, as a team to develop, produce, market, sell and ship our handmade work daily.
- You are an independent, hyper-organized person who greets challenges with genuine optimism and understands that clear communication with co-workers and customers is the most important aspect of your job.
- You are a natural problem solver; able to think critically and strategically.
- You are comfortable leading a team, holding others accountable and taking ownership of your objectives.
- You know how to think like a ninja event planner; overseeing important internal company events, trade shows and marketing campaigns on the calendar and working with different departments to coordinate effectively and successfully.
- You would never send an email without checking it over for typos or faux pas.
- You answer the phone with pride, professionalism, warmth and clarity.
- You represent the Niche brand at annual trade shows with the same spirit of positivity and professionalism.
- You work closely with the Niche Marketing Manager and the team; understanding the deep, symbiotic relationship between Sales and Marketing within any successful company
You understand and are not intimidated by aspects of business like analyzing product margins, determining industry discounts, analyzing COGS with the finance team, standard sales processes, general reporting and sales forecasting.
- You understand the basics of online and print advertising and are comfortable overseeing advertising campaigns with input from our Marketing Manager and an external public relations team.
- You have experience with programs like Salesforce and other cloud based systems.
- You have previous leadership experience with a successful Sales Office and can help us transform ours from a more reactive/customer service based department to a proactive, organized and driven sales team.
- You are patient about the fact that your boss is a hurricane and not always as available as you would like and sometimes even a bottleneck in need of gentle (or not so gentle) nudging.
- You are keeping the ball moving down the field and know how to navigate the hurdles which will inevitably get in your way.
This is not an easy job. But it is rewarding because we are a company making beautiful, meaningful products in an inspired, creative environment and the progress of your hard work will be evident to you and to the rest of the team you work closely with on a day by day basis. It's satisfying to be part of a story that matters and to work for a company with an amazing, appreciative customer base. If what you've read here resonates please fill out the form below and upload your resume.